I was talking to my sis a while back when I had just added two kids to my family and took in my cousins kids. She mentioned how she thought she liked the chanllenge of increasing her stress level to see how much she could handle and I thought..yeah that's kind of what I do. Somehow I think I thrive off of living in chaos. I must because I never change it. Let me explain. Everyday I think my to do list will get smaller and it keeps getting bigger. With in the last week
-prepared and taught lesson in relief society
-watched my friends kids and fed them dinner
-agreed to be the fostercare facilitator for my area
-completed structured training in Ogden (1.25 hours away)
-sold my neighbors kittens so they wouldn't dump them for the third time this year, only 2 left
-transported kids all over utah (this is not abnormal)
-worked my butt off to get some body work done on the van so we can sell it
-finagled my finances so we could buy my sisters suv if we need to before the van is sold
-brought food to my family dinner
-bought more trees
-planted more plants
-made up house rules, chore charts etc
-protested my property taxes
-started my basement plans and working on financing costs
-had to fight with picture lady about my kids headshots because she took them at noon
-take baby to 18 month
-take kids to dental check
-get my ring fixed, and have to argue with them that the ring was a poor design...to get it right
-grocery shopping, pay bills....read my kids books, return the books, rent a movie, return a movie....you get the picture
When does life ever slow down...Why is life so busy....Do you guys feel that way lately? Good thing I am going to Reno in just 2.5 weeks for a vacation.
-prepared and taught lesson in relief society
-watched my friends kids and fed them dinner
-agreed to be the fostercare facilitator for my area
-completed structured training in Ogden (1.25 hours away)
-sold my neighbors kittens so they wouldn't dump them for the third time this year, only 2 left
-transported kids all over utah (this is not abnormal)
-worked my butt off to get some body work done on the van so we can sell it
-finagled my finances so we could buy my sisters suv if we need to before the van is sold
-brought food to my family dinner
-bought more trees
-planted more plants
-made up house rules, chore charts etc
-protested my property taxes
-started my basement plans and working on financing costs
-had to fight with picture lady about my kids headshots because she took them at noon
-take baby to 18 month
-take kids to dental check
-get my ring fixed, and have to argue with them that the ring was a poor design...to get it right
-grocery shopping, pay bills....read my kids books, return the books, rent a movie, return a movie....you get the picture
When does life ever slow down...Why is life so busy....Do you guys feel that way lately? Good thing I am going to Reno in just 2.5 weeks for a vacation.
9 comments:
Can you leave your list at home? Its wearing me out just reading it! haha I willbe done with taxes (I better be!) and it is going to be time for some R&R and fun!
And ... for being overscheduled, you are the master of that domain. Take it from someone who got sick and had to give things up when I was a younger mom ... dont ever feel obligated or pressured to do more than you can do. Looking back, its probably why I got sick. And then I learned a few things about committment and whats important, not everything, but a few things. :)
Love and care,
Becky
Wow Tara. That's a crazy week! I'm curious to hear about the head shots. And the taxes. That'll be nice to have a basement! Hope this next week is a little more relaxing for ya : ).
I'm going back to bed. You've worn me right out!!
You must've watched Oprah yesterday! The one where we moms need to s..l..o..w down and the mom who left who little girl in the car all day and died. So sad...it does make you think about your priorities.
You are busy, busy, busy. I am still trying to figure out how you read New Moon in one day with 4 kids at home!
do you ever actually write out your lists? it sounds like you are doing a pretty OK job of keeping things in check, but i find i do really, really well with a list i can cross things off and/or add to. there is just something about being able to cross something off the list, even if there are still 84,573 other things to do...
GOOD JOB TARA! You are super mom! I am excited that you will get a break from your schedule to have fun at grammy and cranpa's house.
I SO need to learn how to make myself physically write out a list.
Hey it's Will's cousin Monica. Love reading your blog. And I think that life never slows down. It's gets faster the older you get. But wow, you seem to be amazing with all that you do.
I think crazy is fun, if life slowed down I think I'd be bored!
Amen.
Your list was amazing. What's on it is what is the most revealing. Tara, you have such a good heart!!
Hang in there. Your trip is just around the corner. . . Yipee!
Post a Comment